Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Italy

Italy is the most interesting contry i have been to yet. Two years ago i went there with my family and best friend. I went to Milan, Florence, Venice, Naples, Rome, Pizza, The island of pompei, the island of capri. Milan had the best shopping, i got stuck in a dust storm there at night with my best friend i was so scared i didn't know what was going on so i asked the few people around what was going on and they said everythiing is ok. Milan also had alot of mosquitos i got 20 bites in one night. venice was very inteeresting as well you can only get around by boat/ gondala. my dad refused to take a water taxi when we first got there so we ended up walking over five brideges with luggage in 105 degree wheather. The gondala was cool thouggh its crazy how well the men now to control them its not that easy with so much water traffic. Rome was the nicest city in my opinion, i went to vatican city i saw pope john paul II tomb and all the other pope's. I also seen the sistene chapel which was the most moving piece of art i have ever seen. i seen many other things in vatican city as well. Rome has a very social night life if your ever in rome go to "fuori del compo" it has bars, clubs , live music , its such a great experience. The island of pompei was a very dramatic moment for me. thousands of years ago the whole town got destroyed by a horrible volcano killing everyone if it didnt kill you the ash did. you were able to see the actual dead people and how there body stayed preserved after all this time, i seen mother's holding their childing, men hiding in cubby whole's it like the town froze . I was able to see the town and all the homes and shops that got destroyed. I went to naples to visit my family my dad grew up there and some of my family still lives there. It was very exciting because i hardly see them. Naples isent a tourist attraction but you can get the best food in the world there. i never had such good food in my life then in naples. My dad showed us his exact house that he lived in when he grew up so it was kind of kool. The leaning tower of pizza is kool too i took the pictures where it looks like i am pushed the buidling it was fun. Although we got stressed at some points and had to drive so far sometime with a werid car that we had to retrun 2 times because my dad burnt out the cluctch it was still an experience i will never forget. If you go to italy you have to go all aorund their is so much to see and do. From the statue of david in florence to vatican city the island of pompei is is beautiful, the food is excellent, the shopping is great, i wish i could go thier all the time. Its so much fun!

No comments: